Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pretty sure the world is ending

This is what I told my husband last night. For the past few days the boys have been getting along. I don't mean getting along most of the time, I mean ACTUALLY getting along! I know, right? Let me give some examples of this. The past few months, Nate has decided that whatever Lex picks up, he instantly has to have. And, with that, he is going to cry, yell, stomp and refuse to leave my side (while doing the aforementioned) until he gets that toy. I try hard to talk him through it, how Lex had it first, talk with Lex about sharing soon, etc. Lately, when this happens, Lex will hold onto said toy for just another minute or two and then say, "Here Nate, I'll find something else to play with, you can have this." He's not saying it to get Nate to stop crying either. I asked him! He honestly just wanted to share with his brother, his words! I'm kind of at a loss for mine.
They've been saying good night to each other, helping each other, sharing with each other, playing nicely with each other, well, you get the idea. I'm telling you, I don't know what to think of it all. Except, it truly lets me sit back and watch them enjoy each other and I get to fully enjoy that. I feel like now they are really "brothers" in all sense of the word. I'm one lucky Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment