Thursday, July 28, 2011

M.O.B. Society Blog Hop

I've been reading the posts from the MOB Society for a few months now and decided to link up today. Why? It's just a feeling I have that I should be doing this and this is the right thing for me right now. My walk with God is still in the new stages, but I sure did jump in feet first! Let me start at the beginning with me...

My name is Catrina and I am the mom of two incredibly spirited little boys. Surprisingly, I never wanted to have kids, now I have two! Boys at that! Our family is the new "normal" meaning I also have a step daughter who lives with us 50% of the time. She just moved back to her Mother's house for her custody time (more on that later). I started this blog in hopes to write down all of the funny, and not-so-funny daily moments in our lives that I wanted to remember when the kids were older. One day, I want to form this blog into a book for the kids so they have something to look back on. I don't write as much as I should, but I have goals to write a minimum of three times a week.

I have the incredible opportunity to work full time from home...best of both worlds! I also work closely with our children's minister at church.

My boys do not necessarily have a favorite book at the moment. They like to read about everything and anything.

My best friends and I started a business called Off The Hook Chicks. It's a crochet business. It's small and we started on facebook. We had/have a giveaway when we reach 250 fans on facebook, but we are far from it. I know we'll reach it when the time is right for us. We're working on getting an etsy store started soon. We love creating one of a kind handcrafted items such as hats, baby blankets, scarves and those types of things. I have several people in my life who have cancer right now and I feel a calling to work on prayer shawls and to create baby blankets for those babies born who do not have much.

I know, I'm sort of all over the place on this blog. I would like to blame it on the fact that I have only had one cup of coffee so far this morning. But, who knows! :)

I'm excited to get to know other Momma's who worship God and raise boys. Thank you for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. It's so nice to meet you!

    May I say, I LOVE the name of your business. How clever. I find it fascinating to hear about businesses and how they got started.

    You reminded me, I need another cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Controlled chaos, I think I would drop the controlled if it were my house! LOL There is nothing but chaos, but it's good chaos that is for sure. The name of your business is precious. I wish I could crochet, but alas, I can't figure it out.Good to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm visiting from the MOB society. I love the name of your blog and crochet company. I love doing crafts but could never get the hang of crochet. I guess I wasn't patient enough for my sister to teach me. You know my friend made us a beautiful blanket that is a big circle. It can be used for a baby or a prayer shawl. It was great to meet you.
    Meaghan

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi nice to "meet" you! Just hopping by from the MOB society! I'm a fellow boy mom who loves to worship God too! My son is almost four. (I also have a daughter who will turn 2 very soon!) I like your blog title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone! I'm so glad to "meet" you all! I'd love to start making some prayer shawls. I also want to make baby blankets and hats and donate them to our local hospital.
    And, the controlled part of our chaos is used very very loosely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping over from MOB -- great to meet you! I have four sons, and life is crazy but great, isn't it?

    Come see me sometime!

    ReplyDelete