Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Reality

I think I am going to have a huge reality dose next week when Lex goes to school. Nate will too. The boys had a really hard time around mid-summer when they realized Bailey wasn't coming back here for school. Last summer, they were okay with her leaving because we constantly talked about when she would be coming back. About mid-July they started to ask again. We've had to really talk to them a lot about her not coming back here until Christmas time. It was hard for them. Really hard for them. They would both tell me how much they missed her and how they wanted her to be here so they could do different things with her. I want to take their pain away. I think Nate is going to go through that again (and me) when Lex goes to kindergarten next week. He's been here with us all day every day. Now, he'll be gone five days a week from 8 until 3. That's going to be a hard pill to swallow. With the boys being here by themselves this summer, they've had some serious bonding time. I've been trying to prepare Lex for school and, in turn, he's been preparing Nate for him not being here for hours during the day. We'll get it through it. It's life. But, it's definitely going to be bittersweet. Now excuse me while I have good cry because my babies are growing up...

No comments:

Post a Comment