Friday, August 26, 2011

Rough night sleeping

Full day kindergarten is right around the corner. I've known this. I've prepared Lex for it. I thought I prepared myself for it. And then...last night it hit me. He's going to be gone all day long! He is so ready and so excited for it it's almost crazy. I am so incredibly happy that he's independent and ready for this monumental step in his (and mine!) life. He told me he didn't want me to walk with him on the first day. He's walking with his cousin, Elli. *sigh* I am happy for this step. I really am. Just last night I started thinking of all the coulda, shoulda, wouldas of the last five years at home with him. I got a little teary last night thinking about it. But, I can't think of the past. I can think of the good things. Is he spirited? Hell yea! And, I wouldn't have that any other way. I let him be a kid! I let him be all boy! For the most part he's respectful. I did say he's a kid, right? He finds the positive in almost everything. I can say with all my heart that he truly enjoys life and it is so visible on his face. He prays every night with me. He prays for other other people. He gets as much (if not more) joy watching people open presents that he purchased for them than opening his own gifts. I think overall we've had a pretty damn good five years at home together. I really am one lucky Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment