Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I must be doing something right...

Yesterday we were all outside doing some yard work. As I was walking across one area of our yard, in which a certain dog we no longer have dug holes in, I fell. I mean I FELL. I could feel my ankle twist and knew right away it was going to be bad. So, I tried, in the whole millisecond I had, to throw my weight off of that ankle. I went face first to the ground. Like a plank. Yep. Thank the Lord, my face didn't hit because I would have easily broken my nose. Pretty sure I jammed my shoulder right up into my neck. (To say I'm sore today would be an understatement.) It hurt so bad that I literally couldn't see anything and my face sort of felt numb. Lex ran right over and asked if I was okay. He then said, "Here, give me your hand and I'll help you up." I couldn't even move. I had to lay there for a few minutes. He yells, "Nate! Come over here. Mom tripped and she needs our help." I managed to get up and thank them. Then, they both went over to another part of the yard and picked some some wild flowers for me because, "they will make you feel better." Man, I love those kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment