Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nighttime...will it ever be normal?

I admit it, we co-sleep. When the boys were brought home, they slept in their bassinet in our room for six months before we moved them into their own room in their crib. When they woke up, it was just easier for all of us, to just bring them to bed with us and then we all got sleep. Both boys were out of their cribs and into the toddler bed with they were between 24-26 months old. Both boys realized at around 3 years of age that they could GET OUT OF BED and come into ours in the middle of the night. I admit, I would just lift them up into the bed, cover them up and go right back to sleep. Erik did the same thing. Now, however, it's still happening. Lex is five. About a year ago, when I felt him coming into bed (I should have said IF), I would get up and take him back to his room. He wanted me to lay down with him for a minute, so I did (he is in a twin sized bed). Now, if I don't get up right away, he'll just climb into bed. If Nate is already there, he'll just sleep at the bottom and I won't know until I go to turn and my covers won't move. Nate, is now 3, and is still climbing into our bed. I don't mind; however, if he can't sleep, he wants to talk and/or sing. Yep, the ABCs, twinkle, twinkle, etc. Yep, singing. I love sleeping like this, most of the time. I do not like being woken up because *I* moved wrong on *my* pillow. I do like waking up and realizing that I have a whole six inches in which to "spread out" while everyone else in my bed is comfy. I have been leaving my bed and going to sleep in Lex's bed by myself. *sigh* This too shall pass. Enjoy them while they are little. Soon, they will be grown up and won't want to cuddle with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment