Thursday, August 4, 2011

This and That

The other day the boys and I went for a walk/bike ride. My bike is broken, so I walked. Anyways, Nate and I brought up the rear while Lex was ahead. He was waiting for us at the end of our driveway when Nate and I got there. I thought I heard him say he had to go pee so I told him I would go unlock the door. He informed me that he already did. "What do you mean you already did? The door is locked." He informs me, "I went in the yard." Now, keep in mind, we live right in town. "Buddy, you cannot pee in our backyard!" "Oh Mom, I didn't pee in our yard, I peed in our neighbors yard." Oy!

Last night, Nate was upset because Lex either hurt him or hurt his feelings, I can't remember which. So as he's crying on my lap I ask him if we should give Lex to another family (a running joke for us). He shakes his head no. "Are you sure you want him to live with us?" Nate looks at me, with tears in his eyes and says, "No, he needs to find a new house." I ask him where Lex should live. He asks me, excitedly, "Can we build him a tree house out back to live in?!"

2 comments:

  1. I hopped over from MOB. Love these stories -- brings it all back to me. My boys are quite a bit bigger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to write down all the things I can remember they do. Honestly, my life should be filmed :)

    ReplyDelete