Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A quick prayer for rain

We haven't had a Wii for the past few months. Erik went out and bought one the other day. Lex is obsessed with playing video games. Yesterday, I "forced" him to go outside. This is the child, who normally, I have to force to come inside! So, needless to say, it's a bit of a change. Today he wakes up and wants to play the Wii. I let him, for a while, and then tell him it's off. He wants to know when he can play the Wii again. I tell him he's not playing again during the day unless it's raining. He says to me, "I'll be right back. I have to do something private." He walks out the backdoor and I hear him whisper, "Dear God, I really want to play the Wii again. Can you make it rain soon so I can? Thank you. Amen." Then, he walks back inside, looks at me with a sly little grin on his face and says, "I'll be able to play again soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment