Thursday, April 29, 2010

Turning Two!!

Well, my baby is officially a big boy. *sigh* So bittersweet for me. Nate turned two on Sunday. He got to open his new big boy gifts. He got a t-ball set, a scooter and some other little trinkets. We sang Happy Birthday to him and he did not appreciate that at all! LOL He's getting to be such a big kid. He talks in complete sentences all the time now (minus a word or two occasionally). I have been trying to get him to take naps in his toddler bed for a few weeks now and he has wanted nothing to do with it. He would go over to his crib and say, "No, this my bed." But on Monday night, Daddy put him to bed and came downstairs and said that Nate was in his big boy bed. At first, I didn't believe him, but then 30 seconds later I hear tiny steps running down the hall saying, "Mommy!? A tiss (kiss) pwease." So, I went upstairs and gave him a few extra hugs and kisses and he fell right to sleep. No problems going to bed at all. I have to say that we are quite blessed with that. When it's time for bed, they go straight to bed with very little issues, if any.
Our next goal for our big boy is to get rid of his fluffy (pacifier). He only uses it at night, but it's time go. He's a big boy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment