Monday, April 5, 2010

Tattling

Well, tattling has picked back up at the Leamon household. We had stopped it for a while, but I guess with three kids here it's inevitable, right? I've learned that when Nate randomly starts crying it could be a variety of things. He could have hurt himself, he could have been hurt, he could want a specific toy... You get the idea. I have also learned, that when I ask Lex what happened, he will say, "I didn't do anything" when he did and "I don't know" if he didn't.
Back up to earlier today. Silly me decided to take a few minutes to myself and head to the bathroom. That would have been my first mistake. I hear Nate crying and him and Lex come running to the bathroom door. "What happened?" I yell out. "I didn't do anything," says Lex. Hmmm....fishy. Lex instantly decides to leave the area and go play. Nate, on the other hand, is not letting it go. He busts through the door. "Wex pushed me." Hmm....he is now tattling. I wanted to laugh at this, but had to take it seriously. As I'm sitting there I have to listen to this whole story of how Nate pushed Lex and Lex pushed Nate. I tell him I need privacy, but I will take care of it. He runs out of the bathroom and proceeds to yell at Lex, "Wex! No pushing!"
Bailey has been home a total of 34 minutes from school. She has tattled four times already. *sigh*
Anyway, moral of the story....Kids tattle. Nothing new. Still cracks me up and irritates me at the same time. Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment