Sunday, April 4, 2010

My day with Nate

Erik and Lex took off yesterday late morning to head to airport to pick up Bailey. I was home with Nate all day. This is actually a very rare thing for us. I have realized that Nate is at the stage where I can get absolutely nothing done. Literally. If I sit on the couch and just watch him play, he is content. If I interact with him, he is content. If I move a muscle to do anything that I need and/or want to do, he is not content. So, the only things I got done during his nap, were the only things I got done at all that day. Oh well. I loved spending time with my little blonde man. He is growing up so much. We were able to actually "chit chat" about quite a bit. I can understand most of what he is saying now, which is awesome! He is so independent and always saying, "I do it." I love his perseverance and hope he keeps up with it. His latest thing to do is to bring the stool over to the sink and help wash some dishes. He's not the most gentle with them, but he does just fine with the plastic stuff. "I do it." I am amazed everyday how much he grows and learns. He watches everything and takes it all in. I love watching his personality come through and shine.
Have I mentioned that he randomly comes over and gives tons of hugs and kiss out of the blue! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment