Monday, February 8, 2010

What did I just do?

I really need to lose some weight. I've been eating super healthy and the pounds are just not dropping. So, I thought I'd step up the fiber and buy some prunes. That always helps, right? Anyways, for lunch today, the boys have raisins. Of course, they scarf those down in record time and then notice the big "raisins" on my plate. "Want some?" Nate asks. The mean part of me snickers and says, "Sure, baby, have one." To which Lex says, "I want one too please." Silly me thought they wouldn't like them. They were snatching them off my plate?? I mean, seriously, what kids LIKE prunes? Yea, mine do! (Just for the record, even though Bailey is at school at not part of this lunch, she loves prunes too!) Buncha weirdos! So, after a handful or raisins and several prunes later, I start thinking, "Oh good Lord, what did I just do?" I mean, eventually I am going to have to clean up this prune mess. Again, the mean part of me snickers and thinks, "That's okay, Erik will be home later." Um, no, not tonight. I get the whole poop mess and it's already begun. Nate wasn't sleeping for his afternoon nap and I went up to check on him. The smell hit me before I opened his door. When I did open it, he looked at me with this horrible scrunched up face, grabbed himself and said, quite loudly, "Ohhhhh gross! Yucky!" Lovely.
Fast forward another hour. Lex wants to go outside and play. Like the smart Mom I am, I always make him pee before the snowsuit goes on. The whole winter garb is on Lex, he goes outside and starts making snow angels. I start to think how much I really do love my life. "Mom! I have to poop!" And the day is not even half over.

No comments:

Post a Comment