Monday, October 17, 2011

Zombies

Erik spent some quality time with Nate the other day. After some time together, Nate apparently told Erik that he was the best Daddy ever! Sweet, huh? Keep reading...
Earlier in the day, I was on a work call. Now, mind you, I hadn't seen or heard from Nate in forever. He and Lex have this uncanny ability to come running with every disaster and emergency possible when my work phone rings. Because, you know, needing to tell me you need to wash your hands repeatedly and in the loudest voice possible is an emergency. Boy, I really digress...
Anyways, Nate not only had a massive temper tantrum while I was on the phone (picture me hitting mute every time I'm not speaking while mouthing to Nate to knock it off). So, he got into a bit of trouble after that. The point of my story is here, it really is.
Erik asked Nate if I was the best mom ever. Nate said, "Yes, she is. But don't touch her work phone." Erik asked him why not? "Well, Dad. She starts to yell. Then, while she is yelling, black clouds come and cover the sky and then rain falls and then snow falls and then the zombies come."
Huh? My yelling has quite the effect on him. However, apparently my yelling zombies aren't scary enough to get him to stop touching my work phone and/or tantruming while I"m on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment