Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pulling A Leamon

I've been told by many people that I should write a book about REAL parenting. Maybe one day I will. I've been told by many people that we should have our own tv show. Um, besides my family, nobody should see me in my pjs that much so that one is out. My family has coined a new phrase, "A Leamon." To the "outside" world, my kids may look hyper, may look wild, may look out of control. To those that know us, know my kids are happy, love life, love people, love exploring and love laughing and being on the go constantly. And yes, they are respectful (most of the time-they're still young). I am not joking when I say they are moving non-stop from the time they wake up to the time they go to bed. I'm okay with that! Really, I am. There has been moments when I wasn't and I had to get past that. There have been close calls with my kids and they have come sooooo close to getting hurt, but they didn't and they didn't stop either. That, my friends, is pulling A Leamon. It's sort of a joke with the family now. If somethings gets knocked over, they pulled A Leamon. Someone almost got hurt, they pulled A Leamon. You get the picture. At first, it was a bit hurtful to my heart, but I don't think it was meant that way, so I had to push those feelings aside. I'm not a hover-type parent. I want my kids to explore. I want my kids to get hurt. No, not badly. I want them to see what they did wrong and how they could do it differently the next time. I don't want them to give up and they don't! They are persistent little buggers. As more memories come to me, I want to write them down so the kids can read about them. And, so when I embarrass them as teenagers, they'll know why. :) I want my kids to know that, as much as they will not believe me at times, I really did try to focus on the fun, positive stuff. I wasn't always a crankly lady who needed more coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment