Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mom, do not come in here.

These are the words that both scare me and crack me up. My office is in the nook next to the kitchen. The living room is on the other side of the house. My kids are extremely independent. *Slight digression....The first time I realized this Bailey was 6 and Lex was 18 months old (give or take). Our house in Las Vegas was a ranch style type house. I was in the living room, which was in the middle of the house, with the kids. Bailey decided she was done and wanted to be alone so she got up and went into her room at one end of the house. Lex must have decided he wanted to be alone too because at the same time, he got up and toddled down the hall to the other side of the house to his room. Both of them shut their doors at the same time. I literally just sat there in awe. Nothing's really changed since then. Back to the current... Kids are STILL independent and spend a lot of time by themselves or with each other. I'm not really needed/wanted (that's a whole 'nother post). Sometimes Nate will come in to my office, hold his hand up to me and say, "Mom, do not come in the living room! I need a towel." I am sooo happy that he is independent enough to clean up his own messes for the most part and mature enough to do it and tell me. Part of me is scared to death as to what I might find. Guess that adds the element of surprise to our day, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment