Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lent

So, I'm, uh, a bit behind on writing things down. I try to remember, but we are so busy living that sometimes I don't get to write as much as I would love to. So, I try. Anyways, a few weeks ago Lent began. At WINK (Wednesday Is the Night for Kids) at church, we had a really great discussion about Lent, the meaning, etc. I loved listening to the kids talk about it and deciding if they were going to give something up or not. Nate didn't quite "get" it and I didn't expect him to fully understand it or give anything up. Lex, well, he told me he would give up playing with Nate. Not quite the answer I expected. So, we talked about it some more and I just don't think he fully gets it yet either. I, on the other hand, gave up Facebook. The first few days were HARD! I mean really, really, really hard. But now, i seem to be okay with it. I have realized that I spend way too much time on there. I've been a lot less frazzled with the boys and that's an awesome thing for me to realize. I still spend tons of time online because of work (a full 40 hours) but I am definitely relearning how to enjoy life with my kids again. As I write this I am on my laptop on the couch, with some yarn in my lap while watching the boys race each other on the Wii. I can't race as it makes me sick to my stomach, but I'm with them and that's what counts...for all of us.

2 comments:

  1. It's kind of funny how much less you miss it after a few days. Huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I do miss talking to a few people though :)

    ReplyDelete