Monday, November 7, 2011

Heaven and how to get there

Nate got his new big boy bed the other day from Grandma Florida. It is Mosu's (Nate's great-grandfather) bed. I talked with him tonight about it being Mosu's bed and he asked if he could talk to Mosu. I had to explain to him that Mosu is really sick and old and that he is going to be leaving us and going to heaven soon. Nate got a very concerned look on his face and asked how he was going to talk to him and see him. I tried my best to explain to him that Mosu would be waiting for us up in heaven and that we could talk to him when we got there. He asked some more questions about Mosu and not going back to Grandma's and such. I then asked him, "Nate, do you know how to get to heaven?" He got all excited and said, "Yep. First you get on the train and you go up, up, up into the sky until your reach the clouds. Then, you go over clouds, and more clouds, and more clouds and more clouds until you get to heaven." What an awesome answer for a 3 year old! I love it! I then asked him if he knew what the key to get into heaven was. He said, "yea, you have a key that God gives you and you use it to open the big door." I then explained to him that the real key was to love God and love Jesus. He said, "oh! God is Jesus' father, right?" "Yep" I told him. "Yesssssss, I finally got it right!" I tell ya, times like tonight make up for the stinkerness he possesses during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment