Thursday, September 8, 2011

Oh, the things that I have washed...

One thing that people don't tell you when you have kids is how your laundry life will change. Yep, laundry life. I don't mean when your baby is a baby. We all either bought the special baby detergent and/or washed it separately from the rest of the family's clothes. I mean, when your baby(ies) are into regular clothes. Yep, your laundry life will change. Suddenly, whatever amount of socks you think you have, it will automatically double (at least) and, along with that, you won't be able to find matches. You will try every.single.trick. out there and I would bet you my afternoon cup of coffee that at least one sock will come out without it's mate. My Mom used to keep a big basket full of unmatched socks and about once a month, while we were all in the living room, the dreaded basket would come out and the match-up game would begin. Guess what's started in my house now?! Seriously, save yourself the agony. Go out right now and buy yourself a special sock basket just for this occasion. You may not need it now, but you will.
Another thing that has changed in my laundry life is that I no longer wash just the normal household items such as blankets, towels, clothes, etc. I have also been known to wash, and sometimes dry; blue tooths, cell phones, crayons (these are fun in the dryer!), white board markers (another fun one!), rocks, shoes, barbies, hot wheels, toothbrushes, candy wrappers, cat toys and a myriad of non-wearable items. I've decided to stop being upset about it and treat it like a game. All the money is mine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment