Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Overheard today...

Some background information...when the kids are put in time-out, they are allowed to come out when they are calm and ready to talk about what happened. We discuss w hy there were there, what they could have done differently, etc.

Fast forward to about an hour ago. Lex has taken on the big brother thing BIG TIME this week. If he doesn't want something done, Nate doesn't do it. We try to not intervene all the time because we want the kids to work it out, but sometimes it's unavoidable. Like today. Lex was in time out on the stairs. From the kitchen I hear him tell Nate, in a whisper, "When I am done sitting here and I am done talking to Mom, I am going to take you into the living room where it's private and slap you!" I guess perfectly behaved children would be too much to ask for, huh? And, probably boring! These kids keep me on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment