Monday, June 27, 2011

Capturing and remembering moments

There are so many things that happen on a daily basis that I would love to try to capture in my memory and remember forever. I would love to say, "I will never forget such and such" but we all know we can't remember everything. I'm hoping to write down lots of these things in this blog in hopes to create a blog book for my children. This is where random posts take place.

The other night Nate was on his way to bed. I had to do a double take on his, um, bedtime outfit. He had on spiderman boxers, no shirt, a viking hat and was wielding a teddy bear fly swatter in lieu of a sword. Ah yes, a scary man he was.

The other day in the car Lex and Nate were arguing. I thought they were talking to me so I asked what they were talking about. I was informed, by Lex, that they were having an argument with themselves and that it did not involve me and it was private. Yes, those were his words. To say I was a bit taken back would be an understatement. They continued "arguing" with low voices for the next few minutes and then informed me when they were done. I guess this is part of growing up, huh?

As the summer days move on and it gets closer and closer to school time, I am reminded just how precious time is with them. Lex is going to be gone full days in just two short months. Nate will be heading off to preschool for a few hours a week. This house is going to be eerily quiet. Part if me is so incredibly happy that they are growing up to be well rounded, excited for life boys. But, the other part of me wants to capture them as they are because they are my babies and I love them just the way they are. I have truly enjoyed every stage they have gone through (I didn't say every day). They are excited to "get big." I was informed by Lex that they will always be my babies and that even when they grow up and get their own house that they will still always come and visit me and spend Christmas with me. This was quickly agreed by Nate. Ah, bittersweet. Now, excuse me while I go have a good cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment