Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sleeping with my boys

Last night I stayed awake until almost midnight to finish my book. I just couldn't end it with one or two chapters left! At almost the exact same time I turned off my light, I heard the pitter patter of Lex's feet coming down the hall. He climbed into bed next to me and said, "I want to sleep with you Mamma." I coaxed him out of bed and told him I would lay with him in his bed. He laid down and I laid beside him and he wanted my arm over him. He instantly fell asleep with those heavy deep sleep breaths. I laid there listening to him thinking about how lucky I was. Well, within just a few minutes, I heard Nate start to cry. So, I go to his room to try and soothe him. He kept hugging me saying, "I want you Mommy." So, I grabbed some pillows and blankets and laid with him on his floor. He likes to lay with his arm over me. Again, I just kept thinking about how lucky I was. A few hours later, Lex joined us. So, the three of us, laying on the floor of Nate's room, must've looked like quite a site. Oh well. They're only young for a short time. And, I am extremely lucky. :)

1 comment: