Monday, October 6, 2014

Meat and Loaf

Today is a rainy fall day. I opted to make some meatloaf for dinner, as all of the kids will eat with no complaints. As the it came around to dinner time and I said we were having meatloaf, Lex was happy  and stated, "Good, because I like meat." Nate, never one to let someone else have the last word stated, "And I like loaf, so it's good." Bailey, well, Bailey just likes food!!

I have been preaching at three different churches lately and have taken some of the kiddos with me. Bailey got to go to Grand Valley the one day and I asked her what she thought of the sermon and listening to me preach. Her response? "You were really good and funny." I said thanks and asked her what she thought of the message. "It was good, you really made people laugh." Things that make you go hmmmmm....

Nate got to join me at Tidioute this week. He was in his glory as he got to light all of the candles. On the way home, I asked him what he thought. He informed me, "you don't preach. You just sort of talk to the people." Something else to make me go hmmmmm.....

It will be interesting to hear Lex's thoughts when he gets to go with me.

My old soul Nate: One more example to add to the list of my "old soul" Nate... Lex comes homes and drops his back on the floor. He does this every single day. Nate comes in five minutes behind him today. I hear the door open, slam shut and then, "Lex, get in here and pick up your back pack. It does not go in the middle of the floor. Ugh, you act like such a child!!" Lex, in the living room with me, looks at me, smiles and says right back, "I AM a child!" LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment