Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday morning madness

This morning has been rough already. By 6:30 this morning, before anybody had even gone downstairs, I had already told two of the three children that there would be naps. Yea, that's called a rough morning. The boys either loved each other tremendously and wanted the world to hear them or they hated each other. And, again, wanted the world to hear them. Bailey wasn't exactly thinking and that was causing some issues. The past hour or two has been much better. But, I would like to capture the moment that finally had me giggle. Not the most appropriate laughter, but my son didn't get hurt and ended up laughing, so it was okay.

Lex wanted to take the dog out by himself. Now, picture him with boxer shorts on, Bailey's scrunchie around his calf, and flip flops on. He's holding the leash, which is retractable, but goes out to 20 or 30 feet. Hunter was standing close to Lex when one of the cats flew past them. Yes, you can imagine what happened. Hunter lunged for the cat and took off like a bullet. Lex saw it coming, but didn't have time to brace himself. He held onto the leash for dear life, which in turn, pulled him to the grass and pulled him about a foot or two. I saw it from the doorway happening in slow motion. If I had it on film, we would be $10,000 richer. I stifled a laugh and Lex cried from the shock. Then, he stood up and said, "Well, I sure wasn't expecting that!" Just another day in the Leamon household.

No comments:

Post a Comment