Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rain and Patience

We've had some rain lately. Okay, a lot of rain. Some days I think it would be more beneficial to have a boat in lieu of a car, but that's for another day. I have realized that with the kids being inside, I have a lot less patience lately. We had a few nice days and everyone got to get out and burn off some energy. Moods were up. Attitudes improved. Smiles were in abundance. Lately, that's just not been the case. Everyone has been short on patience in this house, myself included. I decided last night to try to make some changes within myself to help this. I need to not get so upset so quickly. To stop and think before I speak. Novel idea, eh? So far, although it's only 11:07 AM, it's worked. Laugh if you want, but we've already been up and at 'em for five hours today. I have told the kids that I am not repeating myself repeatedly to get their attention or to do something. They will go directly to their rooms and sit on their beds. When they are ready to comply, they may join us. We've done this in the past and it has worked wonderfully. Why did we get out of this? Laxness on our part. It happens. It's part of a cycle that every family goes through. Consistency is the key and we need to maintain it here. Although sometimes chaoticness is consistency (we're all still in our pajamas) it gets us through the day happier and closer as a family. And, that's one of our goals. Today's goal is to get dressed. Although, we may just bathe and then get into clean jammmies before bed. Nothing wrong with that occasionally, right? Now, I must go. My three year old is opening up my nail polish and smelling them...

No comments:

Post a Comment